Commitment to the Strategic Processing
Charlene's Angels is committed to the continuous utilization of our Strategic Planning process for organizational responsiveness to the changing needs and expectations of the people we serve and our stakeholders, in conjunction with the changing business needs of our organization.
Following this process ensures that our leadership maintains a viable planning structure focused on our Vision, Mission, and Purpose plan that guides Charlene's Angels business practices.
The creation and implementation of our Cultural Competency, Diversity, and Inclusion Plan is an essential foundation to ensure that our staff, persons served, and other stakeholders develop awareness and sensitivity specific to the diversity of our service delivery areas. Diversity in terms of culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, socioeconomic status, and language is addressed in this plan.
The framework for our Cultural Competency, Diversity, and Inclusion Plan is based on CARF's ASPIRE TO EXCELLENCE model and uses the CARF standards as a guide to ensure continuous quality improvement.
A: Assess the Environment
S: Set Strategy
P: Persons Served and Other Stakeholders
I: Implement the Plan
R: Review Results
E: Effect Change
What is Cultural Competency?
An awareness of, respect for, and attention to the diversity of the people with whom it interacts (persons served, personnel, and other stakeholders) that are reflected in attitudes, organizational structures, policies, and service.
Importance of Cultural Competency
As Charlene's Angels continue to meet the needs and expectations of increasingly culturally and ethically varied populations, a better understanding of cultural differences and their relationship to the hallmarks of quality service - respect, inclusiveness, and sensitivity - becomes essential. Serving diverse populations, after all, is not a "one size fits all" process. Diversity includes all differences, not just those that indicate racial or ethnic distinctions.
Charlene's Angels vision, mission, and purpose for creating this Cultural Competency, Diversity, and Inclusion Plan (CCDIP):
Vision: Charlene's Angels will be the provider of choice for adults with developmental disabilities and be recognized for its compassionate, innovative services and practices on a city, state, and national level.
Mission: "To provide a compassionate, personalized learning environment and instruction to encourage and empower extraordinary adults to unlock their potential and to realize an enriched quality of life."
Purpose: "To develop and mature each "Angel" so that they might fulfill their purpose and achieve their highest degree of independence."
Purpose of Cultural Competency & Diversity Plan:
To ensure that Charlene's Angels staff will have a greater awareness/knowledge and then be able to respond successfully respond to the diversity of our stakeholders (including areas such as spiritual beliefs, holidays, dietary regulations or preferences, clothing, attitudes toward impairments, language how and when to use interpreters, etc.)
- The enhanced knowledge, skills, and behaviors from implementing this CCDP will enable Charlene's Angels staff to work more effectively cross-culturally by understanding, appreciating, and respecting differences and similarities in beliefs, values, and practices within and between cultures
- To treat individuals receiving services, employees, and all other stakeholders with respect
- To maintain and achieve the continuous satisfaction of individuals receiving services, all of our additional stakeholders
- To recruit and retain highly skilled and talented employees
- To provide a positive and dynamic work environment that is committed to maximizing the potential of persons served and employees while supporting them and having an awareness of and sensitivity to their beliefs and culture
- To provide enhanced resources and training for staff, persons served, and stakeholders
In addition, Charlene's Angels is committed to:
- The promotion of diversity and cultural competency in all Charlene's Angels activities and associations
- The implementation of innovative and flexible services that produce meaningful outcomes in the lives of people receiving services
- Listening to persons receiving services and understanding the aspirations that they have for their lives, using this information as the foundation for service design and delivery
- Exceeding the expectations of all our customers and stakeholders
- Working in collaboration with stakeholders and community organizations, and partners
Commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement:
During the implementation phase of this CCPD (FYs 2022 & 2023), the plan will be reviewed at least annually for relevance and updated if needed. At the end of the implementation period (11.30.2022), the outcomes of all six identified goals will be documented and reviewed.
We are committed to utilizing the information gathered from the outcomes of our 2022-2023 Cultural Competency. and Diversity Plan for organizational responsiveness to the changing needs and expectations of the people we serve and our stakeholders, in conjunction with the changing business needs of our organization.
The outcomes of these trainings will be used by our organization to improve the quality of our programs and services and to facilitate organizational decision-making ad ongoing strategic planning.
CARF - Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
FSSA/DDRS - Family and Social Services of Indiana; Division of Disability and Services
Charlene's Angels was opened in 2012 to serve the ever-growing community of adults with special needs. Services will include but not be limited to, assisting this population with increasing their level of independence as well as encouraging and preparing these special adults to successfully integrate into and be an active part of their local communities. A typical day could include: functional academics, independent living skills, social skills, bible study, exercise, and community-based instruction.
We realize that participants may need medications during the day. Medications may be monitored only (not administered) by training Charlene's Angels staff, but only upon the completion of the Informed Consent for Medication Monitoring by the participant or the participant's legal representative. Any change in medications requires an updated Informed Consent for Medication monitoring to be submitted and then annually thereafter.
Charlene's Angels currently accepts Medicaid Waiver and private pay clients. We are presently accredited as a BDDS (Bureau of Developmental Disabilities) provider as well as CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).